The Current Experience
The web site of Areta Fitted Offices is a channel for those who want to get an affordable fitted office space for their business. Basically, Areta Fitted Offices UX/UI Case Study is a story in which I describe the process of how I redesign the web site of the company from scratch using WordPress as CMS.
After the first meeting with the company and under those circumstances, I developed some insights related to their current challenges. Another key point was that I developed what the users were currently experiencing with the Areta Fitted Offices web site.
The Goals of The Stakeholder :
Describe the Brand of Areta Fitted Offices:
The first thing to remember is to promote the workstations which are varied with some special amenities.
- The company provides the best workplace experience and also the best overall experience for its employees.
- The people can come together and work, whether they’re together as a team, or as individuals.
In Details, Users have Troubles with :
Content should include :
- To begin with, Information Architecture is a bit confused.
- In the meantime, the website is not responsive.
- As has been noted, the UX is unclear.
- The design is inconsistent.
- The hyperlink texts are unclear.
- The context becomes disorganized.
- Missing some important details of the workstations.
- The contact information missing from the web site.
- Clearly business goals.
- In detail the description of every workstation, with the prominent images in attention to features.
- A form, which the visitor should book a tour.
- Pricing and the availability of workstations.
- In particular, the visitor of the web site should have easy communication with the company.
However, the current web site of the company has some stern usability and IA issues. This makes it really challenging for the visitors to archive their tasks accurately reflect and of course, quickly.
The goals for redesign
- Improve browsing experience.
- Allow the users to navigate and find the information that they want.
- It is important to realize that workspaces are the main drivers of the company.
- For the most part, the web site should focus particularly on the description of the workstations and the easy communication of the visitor with the company.
- Also, the reviews and trusted clients have their own special meaning.
How might we…
This step is focused to improve the aesthetic and the site structure of the web site, so that visitors can easily understand what is the main focus of the Areta Fitted Offices. Why they should visit the place? How can they find the information that they need to plan a visit? Also, how can they find the information of the workstations? How to create a positive experience?
At this instant, based on the goals of Areta Fitted Offices, in fact, I determined two types of users and their primary use of the web site. That is to say that we have two types of users.
On the one hand is Marcus, who is already an active user. Marcus uses the web site to find and rent his workspace. Also, he needs to efficiently browse through the workspace and rent it easily.
On the other
This helped me a lot to prioritize the pages to emphasize for redesign and discard pages that don’t meet users needs and goals.
What Needs Improvement
The Main UX Goals
- A better approach to IA.
- The text of context must be concise, clear and of course useful.
- Overall aesthetic. The web site appears out of date.
- Allow the users to see where is important information.
- Make the web site looks more corporate.
- Another key point is content. For example: Reduce the words on all the pages of the web site.
- At the same time needs to focus on workstations and provide them on the home page of the web site.
- In spite of the less negative space, we should keep the balance of this and add some other space.
- Including maps. In fact, the offices of the company must be visible.
In this case, the first priority and the goal were to restructure the IA of the web site.
It may not be sexy, but Information Architecture is the backbone of any good user experience.
I always find a good idea to create a wireframe at the beginning of my design process. So equally important is to have a clear definition of IA. In effect, at this stage I afford to keep things simple, even I made a few mistakes.
Below are the main goals implement the style and the usability.
- In the first place, I prioritized the content with the visual hierarchy.
- I selected vibrant and eye-catching colors.
- Created a color combination that is clearly defined.
- I made the navigation, simple and clear.
- Also, I prioritized the reduction of wording.
- In the end, the web site used a strict layout of pages with the same design for instance fonts, button placement, etc.
- As a matter of fact, I created a responsive web site by the interface.
- Defined and on the other hand implement the IA.
- In addition, I helped to write the content of the web site.
- Clear separation of the text links.
- Another key point was to using WordPress as a CMS to manage the web site easily.
High Fidelity Prototype
Then comes to the design process, which is not changed from the wireframes concepts. In fact, I wanted to maintain Areta with a clean design using some contrasting colors.
Areta Fitted Offices UX/UI Case Study: The Results
The redesigned website had a 25% higher conversation rate. Also, we received fewer enquires about how the visitors can see the available workstations, which shows us that the new design is easier to understand.
My main takeaways :
In the end of the Areta Fitred Offices UX/UI Case Study , I want to tell the main takeaways.
- In fact, I learned to trust my team-mates. From the Product Manager to the Content Writer, and of course the Maintenance developer.
- Also, the weekly stand-up meeting was the key to the project’s success.
- When I understand the user needs then it was easy for me to create a user-friendly WordPress theme, in the backend.